Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.5 Development Update (GA slip by a week)

On Tue, 2015-01-06 at 12:23 -0800, Suriyan Ramasami wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 6, 2015 at 10:54 AM, Suriyan Ramasami <suriyan.r@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Tue, Jan 6, 2015 at 10:51 AM, Lars Kurth <lars.kurth.xen@xxxxxxxxx>
> > wrote:

> >> Ideally it needs to be done by next Wed. If you have the content, you
> >> could send it to me and I can fix the page
> >
> > Thanks Lars for the offer. I just started editing the page, and looks
> > simple enough to get some content out there. I should have updated the
> > relevant information in a few hours from now. Please do help me in
> > fixing the page once its done (if it needs fixing)
> >
> > Thanks!
> > - Suriyan
>
> Hello Lars/Ian,
>    I have updated the wiki somewhat to an OK level of information.

Thanks, I've removed the todo banner since there is some content now
(I've not reviewed it in detail, since I don't know about the h/w, but
it all looks very plausible).

Earlier you said:
> I did have specific content for this wiki page, as the Arndale XEN
> information is Linaro centric and hence not applicable to the OdroidXU
> - especially the boot loader part and the linux dom0 part. The rest of
> the information is quite similar.

I think that some of the Linaro specific stuff on the Arndale page is no
longer needed, e.g. I run mainline u-boot and Linux just fine on one
these days.

So I think it is probably worth trying to refactor into a generic Exynos
part and board specific details, but that's not urgent for the 4.5
release.

Anyway, not asking you to tackle all that. I've added it to
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_Document_Days/TODO, along with my previous
suggestion to get rid of the duplicated lists on the main ARM page. I
might try and have a go at that on the next doc day.

Ian.