Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.5 Development Update (RC4)

On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 08:55:10AM +0100, Olaf Hering wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 16, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:

> > > ... systemd SELinux, but its not listed.
> >

> > > Whats your plan with the failures you see? Should I continue to be
> > > concerned about that, or will all the be postponed to 4.6?
> >
> > I was under the impression you had some patches which would solve a
> > majority of the issues? And after the discussion with Ian Jackson the
> > way to exec was solved?
>
> No. What I did was to handle XENSTORED_TRACE which is just a bool to
> pass "-T /log/file" to xenstored. I think xenstored can not access the
> sockets if it was launched with a shell script as it is done now.
> No idea how to solve that. Maybe "/usr/bin/env $XENSTORED" could be a
> workaround for the SELinux socket access issue. But perhaps launching it
> via env or sh fails either way.
>
> > And for the other - the SELinux context and how to figure this out -
> > I thought (I will have to double-check it tomorrow) that I mentioned it
> > might
> > make sense to talk to the SELinux maintainers to see if they have any
> > recommendation?
>
> For xen-4.5 the easy way would be to remove the context= option and let
> people who build from source and who want to use SELinux put the
> required options into /etc/fstab. This would also resolve the issue
> Anthony is seeing, his mount or kernel does not understand context= at
> all. No idea how he got into that state in his Arch Linux installation.

And also remove the EnvionmentFile and such. Anyhow I've taken for
spin these patches:

 tools/hotplug: add wrapper to start xenstored
 tools/hotplug: remove EnvironmentFile from xen-qemu-dom0-disk-backend.service
 tools/hotplug: use XENCONSOLED_TRACE in xenconsoled.service
 tools/hotplug: use xencommons as EnvironmentFile in xenconsoled.service
 tools/hotplug: xendomains.service depends on network
 tools/hotplug: remove XENSTORED_ROOTDIR from xenstored.service
 tools/hotplug: remove SELinux options from var-lib-xenstored.mount

from you  https://github.com/olafhering/xen.git staging-for-4.5.0

and they fixed the issues I saw. That is I can boot Fedora Core 21 with
the sources being built out (plus said patches above)