Re: [Xen-devel] Regression, host crash with 4.5rc1

>>> On 20.11.14 at 02:23, <sflist@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 11/17/2014 23:54, Jan Beulich wrote:
>> Another thing - now that serial logging appears to be working for
>> you, did you try whether the host, once hung, still reacts to serial
>> input (perhaps force input to go to Xen right at boot via the
>> "conswitch=" option)? If so, 'd' debug-key output would likely be
>> the piece of most interest.
>
> Here you go. Performed with a checkout of 9a727a81 (because it was
> handy), let me know if you'd rather see the results from 4.5-rc2 or any
> other Xen debugging info:

Interesting - all CPUs are executing stuff from Dom1, which be itself
is not indicating a problem, but may (considering the host hang) hint
at guest vCPU-s not getting de-scheduled anymore on one or more of
the CPUs. The 'a' debug key output would hopefully give us enough
information to know whether that's the case. Ideally do 'd' and 'a'
a couple of times each (alternating, and with a few seconds in
between).

Also, for double checking purposes, could you make the xen-syms
of a build you observed the problem with available somewhere?

Jan