Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.5 random freeze question

Although it is possible that that patch is the cause of your problem,
unfortunately it is part of a significant rework of the GIC driver in
Xen and I am afraid that testing with only a portion of that patch
series might introduce other subtle bugs.  For your reference the series
starts at commit 6f91502be64a05d0635454d629118b96ae38b50f and ends at
commit 72eaf29e8d70784aaf066ead79df1295a25ecfd0.

If 5495a512b63bad868c147198f7f049c2617d468c is really the cause of your
problem, one idea that comes to mind is that GICH_LR_MAINTENANCE_IRQ
might not work correctly on your platform. It wouldn't be the first time
that we see hardware behaving that way, especially if you are using the
GIC secure registers instead of the non-secure register as GICH_LRn.HW
can only deactivate non-secure interrupts. This is usually due to a
configuration error in u-boot.

Could you please try to set PLATFORM_QUIRK_GUEST_PIRQ_NEED_EOI for your
platform?