Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.5 random freeze question

On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 6:15 PM, Stefano Stabellini
<stefano.stabellini@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Nov 2014, Andrii Tseglytskyi wrote:
>> On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 5:22 PM, Stefano Stabellini
>> <stefano.stabellini@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> > The last and most stable series is:
>> >
>> > http://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=141579241729749&w=2
>> >

>> Thanks  - I'll try this series anyway.
>>
>> > But thinking more about this, I doubt that it is a dma problem, because
>> > you would most probably see various kind of error messages, not a
>> > freeze.
>> >

>> Agree.

>> > Are they on file or on lvm volumes?
>>
>> Images are on file.
>>
>> Also note - freeze depends on system load. It reproduces more
>> frequently if I start Android + QNX + all frontends/backends drivers.
>> Starting Android only without any addition drivers works more less
>> stable. It looks like issue is reproduced when domU starts in parallel
>> with backends drivers in dom0.
>> But the same works fine with old Xen 4.4.
>
> In my experience freezes like the one you are describing are due to
> interrupt related bugs or deadlocks. Both of them are hard to track
> down. If you can reproduce it reliably maybe you could bisect it.

Agree. I suspect that new gic series impacts on this. In very few
moments when xen console is available after freeze I see that dom0
code stacks around kernel lock_release() or  handle_IPI() functions

--

Andrii Tseglytskyi | Embedded Dev
GlobalLogic