Re: [Xen-devel] RFC: Configuring rumprun-xen application stacks from Xenstore

Martin Lucina writes ("Re: RFC: Configuring rumprun-xen application stacks from
Xenstore"):
> <brainstorm>
> What about embedded platforms with no notion of block devices?

The /etc should be provided as a RAM image then.  I did this very
successfully in a previous life in a resource-constrained embedded
platform.  We provided an in-memory cpio archive for a faked-up
filesystem containing the bits of /etc (and /dev) that are needed for
proper operation of the libc.

The format isn't very important and the data involved is small.  The
point is that it's much easier to provide the libc with a cardboard
cutout /etc that cause the libc to work just like on a `real' system,
than to try to fix all the places where it expects /etc/vital.conf.

Ian.