Re: [Xen-devel] RFC: Configuring rumprun-xen application stacks from Xenstore

Ian.Jackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx said:
> I wonder if this mechanism could be used for some or all of the things
> that you're currently using xenstore for.  Specifying which virtual
> block devices to mount where, or what network configuration to use,
> are things that other rump kernel runners would want to do.  Putting
> that information in a stunt /etc seems like it might make more
> commonality.

<brainstorm>
What about embedded platforms with no notion of block devices?

I think that a "key/value store" is a more general abstraction to use.
It works equally well for eg. U-Boot environment variables instead of
xenstore.
</brainstorm>

Martin