Re: [Xen-devel] xl list -l doesn't work for incoming domain

On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 12:54:18PM -0500, Zhigang Wang wrote:
[...]
> Could you please explain what does "no configuration" means?
>
> Do you mean no info for the domain at all? If this is the case, it seems not
> consistent with xl list without -l.

That means no configuration at all. I think a skeleton can be provided
at best (in xl level) to be consistent with "xl list", which should
include domid and domain name etc. Since nothing else exists in
xenstore yet, there's no point poking there.

[...]
> Currently we want our APIs to get domain info by invoking xl list -l, but we
> can change them to get necessary info from other places.

Hmm... I don't think poking around in different places is a good idea.
This is prone to breakage in the future.

Since xenstore is not filled in when your tool looks at it, what makes
it different to wait a bit until migration finishes?

And, from your earlier reply, you're implying Xend fires
@introduceDomain at the same point as xl, but your tool can work with
it?

Wei.