Re: [Xen-devel] xl list -l doesn't work for incoming domain

On 11/10/2014 07:35 AM, Wei Liu wrote:
> I see. At that point the configuration was not available, yet. After the
> domain is successfully migrated, the configuration should be available.
>
> I think a domain under construction without domain configuration is a
> valid state. What do you think?

Here is my thought:

1. In this design, if I watch xenstore @introduceDomain, it will not been
   triggered until migration finish.

2. Because we have multiple places (hypervisor, xenstore, /var/lib/xen) holding
   domain state, we need to define what does it mean by "VM started".

3. It looks like a inconsistent state and we may want to eliminate or keep
   it as short as possible.

Thanks,

Zhigang