Re: [Xen-devel] [Xen VGA Passthrough] Cannot Complete All 3dmark Tests in Windows 8 HVM domU

  • To: Gordan Bobic <gordan@xxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Zytaruk, Kelly" <Kelly.Zytaruk@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 17:49:23 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Cc: "Hurwitz, Sherry" <sherry.hurwitz@xxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 17:49:48 +0000

Gordan,

Can you tell me exactly what the problem is that you are seeing that prompted
you to ask for a bus reset?  I am trying to reproduce your issue but I am not
having any luck.  I tried a few different scenarios ranging from clean shutdown
to destroying the domain with 'xl des 5' and restarting.  In all cases I was
able to cleanly reboot with the graphics driver enabled.

I am testing with Win7 as the guest OS with Xen 4.2 and Linux 3.4.9.  Graphics
card is 'AMD Radeon R9 200' on an AMD Kaveri APU.

What are your exact repro steps and are you using any graphics/pci related
patches.

Thanks,
Kelly