Re: [Xen-devel] [ARM:PATCH v1 1/1] Add Odroid-XU (Exynos5410) support

On Sat, Jul 26, 2014 at 10:58 AM, Julien Grall <julien.grall@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 26/07/14 17:02, Suriyan Ramasami wrote:
>>
>> Hi Julien,
>>
>> On Sat, Jul 26, 2014 at 4:28 AM, Julien Grall <julien.grall@xxxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Suriyan,

>>> We use PSCI to boot secondary CPUs. You may want to check the the PSCI
>>> call
>>> has effectively been issued for those VCPUs.
>>>
>> I shall check on this!
>>>
>>> Which Xen and Linux version are you using?
>>
>> Xen is 4.5 dev (git clone git://xenbits.xen.org/xen.git)
>> Linux is 3.14 from hardkernel linux repository, branch:
>> odroid-3.14.y-linaro
>

> Can you try a Linux upstream? The error may come from the hardkernel linux.

Is this for domU?
For dom0, I do not have a working kernel for upstream for the XU. I
did try 3.16 samsung-next as well as mainline linux and the dts needs
to be worked upon (or so I think)

Using upstream for domU exhibits the same behavior.

One out of roughly 10 creates succeeds (I can get console output).
In the cases that succeed, I do see that do_psci_cpu_on() gets called.
In the cases that domU does not boot up, the call to do_psci_cpu_on()
does not happen.