Re: [Xen-devel] Bug: USB Bridge Will Not PassThru

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 09:26:56AM -0700, merc1984@xxxxxx wrote:
>    On Wed, Jun 18, 2014, at 8:47, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
>
>      PVUSB is another option, it supports passthru of USB2 devices,
>      but it requires special drivers in both dom0 and guest kernel.
>

>    Thanks.  It appears though that most info is 5 years old.  And that the
>    newest drivers are for kernel 2.6.32. (I'm running 3.14.1)  The consensus
>    (at least 2 years ago) was that it doesn't work well.  In any case I can't
>    find xen-usbback or xen-usbfront to compile.
>
>    http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_USB_Passthrough et al.

Suse SLES11 classic xenlinux kernels do contain PVUSB drivers (Linux 3.x).
Also Konrad's git tree has some experimental version of PVUSB for 3.x.

But agreed getting PVUSB (drivers) to work requires some work.

Another thing you could do is to add the qemu-upstream VGA/GPU passthru patches,
and use qemu-upstream.

-- Pasi