Re: [Xen-devel] [Announcement] Updates to XenGT - a Mediated Graphics Passthrough Solution from Intel

Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote on 2014-02-22:
> On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 02:22:11AM +0000, Cui, Dexuan wrote:
>> Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote on 2014-02-21:
>>>
>>> Are you going to work on upstreaming this stuff? Xen 4.4 will be
>>> released soon(ish), so the Xen 4.5 development window starts in the near
>>> future and hopefully this stuff can be upstreamed then..
>> Hi Pasi,
>> We do plan to upstream but not give a timeframe so far.
>>

> Ok. Would you like to post an article on the Xen blog about XenGT ?
> I think that would be a good thing to do to get more visibility for this
> feature.
As I mentioned in the previous mail, we already have a blog article, which
can be easily found by googling xengt: :-)
https://01.org/xen/blogs/srclarkx/2013/graphics-virtualization-xengt

>>> Also: Haswell ("4th generation Intel core CPU") is listed as a
>>> requirement in the Setup Guide PDF.. will there be support for SNB/IVB
>>> GPUs aswell?
>> There is no plan for SNB/IVB.
>>

> Is that because of some hardware limitation on earlier GPU generations,
> or just a matter of amount of work needed to support XenGT on earlier
> GPUs?
> -- Pasi
No HW limitation on earlier GPUs -- actually you can even see some unused
codes about earlier generations in the linux-vgt.patch.
At present we'd like to focus on HSW (and newer generation in future).

-- Dexuan