[Xen-devel] confusions on monitoring VM cpu usage in Xen hypervisor

  • To: "=?gb18030?b?eGVuLWRldmVs?=" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "=?gb18030?b?Q2hhcmxlcw==?=" <xiezhenjiang@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 16:09:31 +0800
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 08:09:50 +0000

Hi everyone, I¡®m trying to monitor the VM CPU usage in xen hypervisor and use
the VM CPU usage
information in Xen's Credit Scheduler. I googled it, and find that most
references about this topic is monitoring the VM CPU usage information in
Domain-0 while not in the Xen hypervisor.
I'm now blocking at how to determine the state of vCPU, My understanding is
that vCPU running on a physical CPU doesn't mean it really consumes CPU cycles,
so I could determine the whether vCPU is consuming CPU cycles or not? So could
you please give me some advice.

Thank you very much!