[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [Xen-devel] xm/xl shutdown does not work with HVM guest



> I'm use SLES SuSE 11 SP3.
> As you initial domain or your guests? If it is with SLES does the issue
> show up if you use the latest version of Xen?

We have two VMs. One is a WindRiver based VM and the other one a SLES SuSE 11 SP2 VM.

SuSE 11 SP2 VM shutdown properly with xen_platform_pci=0 however WR one does not and hence the question what config or driver do I need to enable in WR HVM guest such that it accepts 'xl/xm trigger <vm> power'?

Thanks,
/Saurabh


On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 10:56 AM, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 10:50:12AM -0800, Saurabh Mishra wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to know what should be configured in the HVM guest such that it
> accepts 'xm/xl shutdown' graceful shutdown signal.
>
> 'xm/xl shutdown' works great when I have xen_platform_pci=1 (PV on HVM)
> however whenever I disable xen_platform_pci=0, it does not work.

Right. That is expected.

>
> I also tried 'xl/xm trigger <vm> power' and this too does not work if
> xen_platform_pci=0 is set. We do have lot of PCI pass-through devices.

Oh, that looks to be a bug then.

>
> Our Xen cfg file looks like this :-
>
> # HVM specific
> kernel = "hvmloader"
> builder = "hvm"
> device_model = "qemu-dm"
>
> # Enable ACPI support
> acpi = 1
>
> # Enable serial console
> serial = "pty"
>
> # Enable VNC
> vnc = 1
> vnclisten = "0.0.0.0"
>
> pci_msitranslate = 0
>
> xen_platform_pci = 1
>
> # Default behavior for following events
> > >
>
> I'm use SLES SuSE 11 SP3.

As you initial domain or your guests? If it is with SLES does the issue
show up if you use the latest version of Xen?
>
> Thanks,
> /Saurabh

> _______________________________________________
> Xen-devel mailing list
> Xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> http://lists.xen.org/xen-devel


_______________________________________________
Xen-devel mailing list
Xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://lists.xen.org/xen-devel

 


Rackspace

Lists.xenproject.org is hosted with RackSpace, monitoring our
servers 24x7x365 and backed by RackSpace's Fanatical Support®.