[Xen-devel] xm/xl shutdown does not work with HVM guest

Hi,

I'd like to know what should be configured in the HVM guest such that it accepts 'xm/xl shutdown' graceful shutdown signal.

'xm/xl shutdown' works great when I have xen_platform_pci=1 (PV on HVM) however whenever I disable xen_platform_pci=0, it does not work.

I also tried 'xl/xm trigger <vm> power' and this too does not work if xen_platform_pci=0 is set. We do have lot of PCI pass-through devices.

Our Xen cfg file looks like this :-

# HVM specific
kernel = "hvmloader"
builder = "hvm"