Re: [Xen-devel] Xen on ARM: upstream kernel compile fails with defconfig

On Tue, 2014-02-04 at 21:28 +0000, Zoltan Kiss wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to do a default ARM build to verify my grant mapping patches
> doesn't break build. I'm using latest net-next tree as a basis, and I'm
> trying to build it based this howto:
>
> http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_ARMv7_with_Virtualization_Extensions/Allwinner
>
> (note, the actual CPU doesn't matter to me, I just want a default build
> to succeed. Also, net-next is only used because that was checked out,
> and I assume it should work as well)
>
> I'm doing cross-compilation, so my make looks like this:
>
> PATH="/local/repo/arm/gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabihf-4.8-2013.10_linux/bin/:$PATH"
>
> make -j8 O=../o-arm ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf- zImage
>
> For config I've tried sunxi_defconfig (which actually doesn't have Xen
> enabled) and arndale_ubuntu_defconfig from Julien's repo:

I recommend starting from the upstream "multi_v7_defconfig" and the
enabling CONFIG_XEN.

> So far I figured out that autoconf.h is not included here, that CONFIG_
> is defined there. But I'm not that familiar with the kernel build
> system, so I'm a bit stucked here. Probably I'm doing something
> trivially wrong, can someone help me?

I can't see what -- autoconf.h is included via a direct "-include ...."
passed to the compiler so there aren't many ways for it to go wrong.

Perhaps trying the oldconfig target before building?

Ian.