Re: [Xen-devel] [BUG?] Interrupts enabled after xen_acpi_processor_resume+0x0/0x34 [xen_acpi_processor]

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 09:25:21AM +0100, Stanislaw Gruszka wrote:
> > Looks incomplete, what about the kzalloc() in
> > xen_upload_processor_pm_data() and kcalloc()s in check_acpi_ids()?
>
> Indeed and additionally from check_acpi_ids() we call
> acpi_walk_namespace(), which also take mutexes. Hence unfortunately
> making xen_upload_processor_pm_data() atomic is not easy, but possibly
> can be done by saving some data in memory after initialization.
>
> Or perhaps this problem can be solved differently, by not using
> yscore_ops->resume(), but some other resume callback from core, which
> allow to sleep. Than can require registering dummy device or sysfs
> class, but maybe there are simpler solutions.

Eventually work_struct could be used and scheduled from ->resume()
callback, if there is no dependency between uploading processor PM
data to hypervisor and other actions performed after
syscore_ops->resume();

Thanks
Stanislaw