Re: [Xen-devel] passing smbios table from qemu

On 01/10/2014 05:20 AM, Ian Campbell wrote:
On Thu, 2014-01-09 at 14:00 -0500, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
On Thu, Jan 09, 2014 at 09:46:59AM -0500, Ross Philipson wrote:

Your memory is intact; I did provide a helper library. I posted it
as a tarball since I could not figure out where such a thing might
live in the xen tree. I posted it twice - the second time with some
fixes:

http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2013-03/msg01850.html

Would it make sense to try to have it as part of the Xen tree?
It looks in good shape.

I think we considered this before, but I can't remember why we didn't
(assuming we even explicitly decided that rather than just letting it
slip through the cracks).

It has been a while but yea, we did discuss putting it in the tools somewhere. I then went off and tried to find a reasonable place for it and could not. The last thing that happened was that I sent an email asking for suggestions, did not get any replies and then I got distracted (sorry 'bout that).

So I guess that is the question: where to put it? Should it be merged into another lib or be brought in as a separate lib or utility?

Thanks
Ross

Ian.

-----