[Xen-devel] passing smbios table from qemu

Hi all,

Qemu 1.6.1 allows us to passing multiple SMBIOS table to it using -smbios option(s).  However, I couldn’t seem to see the table I passed into guest OS.  I used rwall under the windows and dmidecode under linux, they both returns a fresh smbios table built in the hvmloader instead of the ones I pass into qemu.

I tried to figure out what’s missing by digging into the code.  To my surprise, although qemu now can read and put multiple smbios tables in a nice structure, that never gets used by hvmloader or seabios.  I have looked from Xen4.2.0 to Xen4.2.3, with Seabios up to 1.7.3.

Question, am I missing anything, or this feature (passing smbios) is still work in progress?

Regards/Eniac