Re: [Xen-devel] [GPLPV] exclude xenscsi from installer, since it is not compiled

> > > The line in question is the following:
> > >   HwInitializationData.HwFindAdapter = XenVbd_HwStorFindAdapter;
> > >
> > > XenVbd_HwStorFindAdapter is the data structure which you have
> > > corrected a few lines in, in the patch. As it is a level 4 warning,
> > > it can be ignored by setting /W3 in the MSC_WARNING_LEVEL. However I
> > > suspect that it would be preferred to find the cause of the warning.
> >
> > That would imply that my function definition doesn't match the
> > expected function definition in the HW_INITIALIZATION_DATA structure,
> > but according to the docs I have everything right. Can you check the
> > storport headers and check the declaration there against my function?
>
> For windows 8 and newer HwFindAdapter is declared as
>   PVOID                               HwFindAdapter;
> While for earlier versions of windows it is declared as:
>   PHW_FIND_ADAPTER            HwFindAdapter;

I have tried to typecast the HwFindAdapter like:
  (PHW_FIND_ADAPTER) HwInitializationData.HwFindAdapter =
XenVbd_HwStorFindAdapter;

However this results in the following error and warnings:
  error C2220: warning treated as error - no 'object' file generated
  warning C4055: 'type cast' : from data pointer 'PVOID' to function pointer
'PHW_FIND_ADAPTER'
  warning C4213: nonstandard extension used : cast on l-value

I might be doing something wrong, however my experience in C++ is limited.