Re: [Xen-devel] [GPLPV] exclude xenscsi from installer, since it is not compiled

> I fiddled around with compiling you GPL PV driver, however I got an error
> when generating the MSI packages. The error was related to xenscsi which is
> not compiled, however WIX try to included. By applying the following patch, I
> successfully compiled the driver. It might not be the right approached just to
> remove the lines in installer.wxs, since I got an error relating to xenvbd
> when
> installing the driver on a windows 8.1 domU.

Yep. I had ancient .sys etc files lying around in my build tree which was
hiding the problem.

I have removed all xenscsi related stuff (needs to be rewritten anyway if
anyone ever wanted it) and I can build MSI files now. Latest changes are pushed.

I'm using latest GPLPV on 2012R2 which is the same kernel as 8.1, so the
drivers themselves should be okay. Was the error you got a crash, or an error
message during install?

Thanks

James