Re: [Xen-devel] tapdisk in debian 3.11 kernel

> > and get rbd with ceph under hvm. Probably pv too but I can't seem to get
> > an 'xl console' working to check right now.
>
> Nice! Please send the libxl patches to the list!
>
> The reason why libxl has a specific list of supported formats is that we
> thought that a simple wildcard and external bash scripts without a clear
> calling convention were too fragile. Of course if RDB "just works", we
> should enable it in libxl.

It turns out that simply omitting the format altogether is sufficient, and
probably preferable. Something like:

disk = [ 'rbd:prod/virt-zoneminder-root,,xvda1,rw,backendtype=qdisk' ]

seems to work fine on a standard Debian system with only qemu recompiled with
rbd enabled (my test system has probably suffered a bit of bitrot and so
couldn't really be called standard, but I did just reinstall the xen-utils-4.3
package that contains libxl so it should be back to defaults)

I can probably still put a patch together but I think a better thought out "if
backendtype=qdisk then don't check the format" would be better, unless it opens
up a security hole or something.

James