Re: [Xen-devel] GeForce 4xx/Fermi to Quadro Modifying Quide

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 09:22:00PM +0000, Gordan Bobic wrote:
> Due to popular demand, I have finally found time to write this up. I
> had to rush it a little, but hopefully you get the gist.
>
> http://www.altechnative.net/2013/11/25/virtualized-gaming-nvidia-cards-part-3-how-to-modify-a-fermi-based-geforce-into-a-quadro-geforce-gts450gtx470gtx480-to-quadro-200050006000/
>
> Any questions, please ask away, and I'll update the article to
> expand on those points where appropriate.

Awesome! I read it and was getting ready to modify my Nvidia card and
then realized I have an GTX460 which is looks to be GF110 but
not exactly full-fledge (one of the SMs is dead) so probably
nothing can be done about it.

> Hopefully this will help those on a non-Quadro level budget who want
> to use GPU passthrough that works properly.

Time to find one of those cards at the MIT flea or hit eBay!