Re: [Xen-devel] VCPUOP_set_periodic_timer

On 15/11/13 12:46, Nate Studer wrote:
On 11/15/2013 7:17 AM, Andrew Cooper wrote:
The cpupool issue with the arinc653 scheduler is now fixed (or at least believed
to be) in xen-unstable.
The crashes are fixed in unstable, but pools still do not work in xen-unstable
unless the system is booted with the arinc653 scheduler, the dom0_max_vcpus
parameter is set to 1, and cpu0 is never removed from Pool-0.

I have pools working locally without these restrictions, but I was unable to get
a patchset around before the feature freeze was declared, so I believe it is too
late to try and get it into unstable.  (George, correct me if I am wrong.)

Bug fixes are not features. :-)

Bug fixes are accepted very late in the release process. The only reason they might ever be rejected is if we think there may be a risk that the fix will break other working functionality -- particularly if we think that breakage may not be discovered until after the release.

If the fixes involve generic scheduling code, I imagine they would be accepted well into RC3 if they were not terribly complicated; if they were limited to the arinc653 scheduler itself, they could probably be accepted until just before the release.

 -George