Re: [Xen-devel] Intermittent fatal page fault with XEN 4.3.1 (Centos 6.3 DOM0 with linux kernel 3.10.16.)

On Nov 6, 2013, at 8:18 AM, Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote:

> On Wed, 2013-11-06 at 16:05 +0000, Jeff_Zimmerman@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> Jan,
>>
>> I will give your patch a try.
>> I have to recant my previous statement regarding not using nested-virt.
>> It seems some of the code that is being executed on the vm contains vmx
>> instructions.
>> Since by virtue of running this code in an hvm subject make it nested-virt.
>>
>> This raises a question, if this functionality is undesired can we just
>> disable nested virt by adding
>> nestedhvm=false to the configuration file?  Should the cpuid and
>> cupid_check settings be changed as well?
>
> I'm reasonably certain that nestedhvm=false will clear the relevant
> flags in the guest visible cpuid. I'd say it was a bug if this doesn't
> happen.
>
> nestedhvm should be disabled by default, did you explicitly enable it?
> Removing the line altogether ought to disable it too. Please let us know
> if not.
>
> Ian.

I did not enable nestedvm and when I run xl list -l the output shows
nestedhvm=<default>
I was not sure what the default was supposed to be. I will try setting it and
re-run our test.
Jeff