Re: [Xen-devel] Intermittent fatal page fault with XEN 4.3.1 (Centos 6.3 DOM0 with linux kernel 3.10.16.)

On Wed, 2013-11-06 at 16:05 +0000, Jeff_Zimmerman@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Jan,
>
> I will give your patch a try.
> I have to recant my previous statement regarding not using nested-virt.
> It seems some of the code that is being executed on the vm contains vmx
> instructions.
> Since by virtue of running this code in an hvm subject make it nested-virt.
>
> This raises a question, if this functionality is undesired can we just
> disable nested virt by adding
> nestedhvm=false to the configuration file?  Should the cpuid and
> cupid_check settings be changed as well?

I'm reasonably certain that nestedhvm=false will clear the relevant
flags in the guest visible cpuid. I'd say it was a bug if this doesn't
happen.

nestedhvm should be disabled by default, did you explicitly enable it?
Removing the line altogether ought to disable it too. Please let us know
if not.

Ian.