Re: [Xen-devel] [Xen-users] ??? Xen VGA Passthrough - GTX 680 successfully ???hard-moded?to GRID K2

On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 04:41:59PM +0100, Gordan Bobic wrote:

> >With gfx_passthru = 1 the boot-up Windows animation is on the VNC
> >console.
>
> I _may_ be wrong here, but doesn't the gfx_passthru=1 get ignored
> in that case? If it was working, the BIOS level and bootup output
> should come up on the passthru GPU, should it not? I guess
> gfx_passthru=1 just disables the emulated Cirrus VGA, but in that
> case the boot-up animation shouldn't show up on VNC.
>
> So I'm not sure what is going on in this case.

Correct, with gfx_passthru=1 the physical GPU should show the windows boot
animation,
not the cirrus/vnc emulated graphics.

So gfx_passthru=1 is not working, and the GPU is passed as secondary..

-- Pasi