Re: [Xen-devel] [Xen-users] ï Xen VGA Passthrough - GTX 680 successfully ïhard-moded to GRID K2

  • To: Gordan Bobic <gordan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: David TECHER <davidtecher@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 16:10:23 +0100 (BST)
  • Cc: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 15:10:38 +0000

Gordan,

>Let me recap the problem. I only get this on the GTX680
>(Quadrified to K5000 or Gridified to K2, happens in both
>cases) in domU. It does NOT happen with a GTX470/480 modified
>to Q5000/Q6000. On bare metal the modified GTX680 works fine,
>the issue does not arise. I only tried this on XP64, not
>attempted on Win7.

"DL-DVI" for me means Dual Link DVI.
Yes I have a DL-DVI capable monitor (Resolution: 2560x1440).  I don't have monitor with Resolution = 2560x1600

Using
- my DL-DVI monitor( = the Dual Link connector on my graphic card GTX680 is connected through  a Dual Link cable to my DL-DVI montior)
-my GTX 680 gridified to K2
-  high resolutions (2560x1440)

my domU XP64  is able to boot properly. High resolutions is taken into account

To avoid any misunderstanding I added a short youtube video where   my configuration file is printed out and where the domU XP 64 is started, shutdown. After that the domU XP64 is restarted.

http://youtu.be/UgIuPED-h44

No black screen when the domU is started.

>Hang on - are you saying that once the Nvidia driver is installed
>you can use gfx_passthry=1 an you get the SeaBIOS output and the
>boot-up Windows animaption on the domU monitor, rather than on
>the VNC console? Is your passthrough GPU the primary in dom0?

With gfx_passthru = 1  the boot-up Windows animation is on the VNC console.