Re: [Xen-devel] Investigating a SLES11 guest crash

On 13/09/2013 12:34, Andrew Bennieston wrote:
> On 13/09/13 12:14, Sander Eikelenboom wrote:
>> Not by any chance running a 3.12 merge window kernel ?
> Nope, the regular SLES11 SP0 2.6.27 kernel.

Some thinks should be pointed out.

This crash is because the guest takes a pagefault before setting up a
pagefault handler.

9 times in 10, the guest boots perfectly well.

This crash is *only* visible with a debug build of Xen, and is a
regression from 4.1

The point of this query is to find out whether there is a bug in the
identified Xen changeset, or whether it simply exposed some other bug.

As things currently stand, there is some regression causing crashes for
older kernels, and we (XenServer) would like to understand what the
regression is and whether it affects more guests than just SLES11 SP0
(irrespective of the fact that people using SLES11 SP0 should really
upgrade)

~Andrew