Re: [Xen-devel] xen-netback: count number required slots for an skb more carefully

On 2013-9-4 15:38, Wei Liu wrote:
On Wed, Sep 04, 2013 at 02:56:20PM +0800, annie li wrote:
On 2013-9-4 14:04, Matt Wilson wrote:
On Wed, Sep 04, 2013 at 10:25:59AM +0800, annie li wrote:
On 2013-9-4 5:53, Wei Liu wrote:
[...]
Matt, do you fancy sending the final version? IIRC the commit message
needs to be re-written. I personally still prefer Matt's solution as
it a) make efficient use of the ring, b) uses ring pointers to
calculate slots which is most accurate, c) removes the dependence on
MAX_SKB_FRAGS in guest RX path.

Anyway, we should get this fixed ASAP.
Totally agree. This issue is easy to be reproduced with large MTU.
It is better to upstream the fix soon in case others hit it and
waste time to fix it.
I'd like to go with Xi's proposed patch that I posed earlier. The main
thing that's kept me from sending a final version is lack of time to
retest against a newer kernel.

Could someone help out with that? I probably can't get to it until the
end of the week.
I can rebase it. Since wei's NAPI &1:1 model patch went into
net-next already, it should not be able to applied directly.

I think this one should go to net then queue up for stable, not
net-next.
If so, that would be easier. It is almost end of the day here, and I do not have enough time to test it until tomorrow. Please go ahead with it if you have time.

Thanks
Annie
Wei.

Thanks