Re: [Xen-devel] xen-netback: count number required slots for an skb more carefully

On Wed, Sep 04, 2013 at 10:25:59AM +0800, annie li wrote:
> On 2013-9-4 5:53, Wei Liu wrote:
[...]
> >Matt, do you fancy sending the final version? IIRC the commit message
> >needs to be re-written. I personally still prefer Matt's solution as
> >it a) make efficient use of the ring, b) uses ring pointers to
> >calculate slots which is most accurate, c) removes the dependence on
> >MAX_SKB_FRAGS in guest RX path.
> >
> >Anyway, we should get this fixed ASAP.
>
> Totally agree. This issue is easy to be reproduced with large MTU.
> It is better to upstream the fix soon in case others hit it and
> waste time to fix it.

I'd like to go with Xi's proposed patch that I posed earlier. The main
thing that's kept me from sending a final version is lack of time to
retest against a newer kernel.

Could someone help out with that? I probably can't get to it until the
end of the week.

Sorry for the delay. :-(

--msw