Re: [Xen-devel] HVM support for e820_host (Was: Bug: Limitation of <=2GB RAM in domU persists with 4.3.0)

On Tue, Sep 03, 2013 at 09:49:40PM +0100, Gordan Bobic wrote:
> I spoke too soon - even with e820_host=0, the same error occurs.
> What did I break? The code in question is this:
>
> if (libxl_defbool_val(d_config->b_info.e820_host)) {
>     ret = libxl__e820_alloc(gc, domid, d_config);
>     if (ret) {
>         LIBXL__LOG_ERRNO(gc->owner, LIBXL__LOG_ERROR,
>                 "Failed while collecting E820 with: %d (errno:%d)\n",
>                 ret, errno);
>     }
> }
>
> With e820_host=0, that outer black should evaluate to false, should
> it not? In libxl_create.c, if I am understanding the code correctly,
> e820_host is defaulted to false, too. What am I missing?

Just sent you an email but I believe what is failing is:

241     rc = xc_domain_set_memory_map(ctx->xch, domid, map, nr);

You can add some extra LIBXL__LOG_ERRNO to check each 'rc' to see
which one of them failed.

Hm, perhaps it might make sense to actually have the libxl__e820_alloc
also use the LIBXL__LOG_ERRNO to log more details..