Re: [Xen-devel] How to handle TLB shootdown IPI on Xen

>>> On 12.08.13 at 18:50, J Ahn <jeong.seob.ahn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> As I mentioned the first post, I also guess that the hypervisor
> intervention is required to route the virtual IPI.
> So, I would like to know where the delivery code on Xen has been located
> because I could not find the delivery point for the virtual IPI.
>
> Does the *vmx_do_extint()* function delivery the IPI through *
> __do_IRQ_guest()* ??

How would it? I suppose you know that IPIs get generated through
writing to LAPIC register, so associating this with the functions in
xen/arch/x86/hvm/vlapic.c shouldn't be too difficult; namely you
want to look at vlapic_reg_write()'s handling of APIC_ICR{,2} and
APIC_SELF_IPI.

Jan