Re: [Xen-devel] Bug: Limitation of <=2GB RAM in domU persists with 4.3.0

On 07/24/2013 05:31 PM, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:

I wouldn't expect the memory map provided by SeaBIOS and
the BAR mappings configured by qemu-dm to differ
depending on the domU OS. Or am I wrong here?

They might. The patches to fix the 2GB limit went in qemu-xen-traditional
meaning you have to use:

device_model_version = 'qemu-xen-traditional'

in your guest config (which I think you are already doing).

Yes and no. I am using a self-built 4.3.0 rpm based fairly closely on the CRC 4.2.x rpms for EL6. This includes a patch to only build qemu-dm and make it the default, which, presumably, means that I don't have to explicitly specify device_model_version. But maybe I'm wrong. I'll try specifying it explicitly and see if that helps.

Gordan