Re: [Xen-devel] Bug: Limitation of <=2GB RAM in domU persists with 4.3.0

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 05:14:32PM +0100, Gordan Bobic wrote:

> >>debug'
> >>
> >>The intended guest is XP64. I will, however, get a Linux guest up
> >
> >Ah, I am not actually sure how Linux will work. I hadn't had a chance
> >to test that recently :-(
>
> As long as it brings up the serial console, that should be
> sufficient, but working VNC to text console login would be
> convenient. The main thing I want to find on it is the
> BAR mapping addresses from lspci and compare that to the
> e820 map from dmesg.

I see. That should work for you.

> I wouldn't expect the memory map provided by SeaBIOS and
> the BAR mappings configured by qemu-dm to differ
> depending on the domU OS. Or am I wrong here?

They might. The patches to fix the 2GB limit went in qemu-xen-traditional
meaning you have to use:

device_model_version = 'qemu-xen-traditional'

in your guest config (which I think you are already doing).

I don't recall what the situation is with upstream SeaBIOS.