Re: [Xen-devel] Building Xen 4.2.2 w/EFI on Ubuntu Server 12.04.2

Hi Jan, Hi Kristian, thanks for the feedback & help.

For EFI_VENDOR I've now corrected my build step to be "make install-xen EFI_VENDOR=EFI/ubuntu EFI_MOUNTPOINT=/boot/" and this puts all the files where they should be.

The .cfg file I think you'll say is a school-boy error....I was using the debug EFI shell that Virtualbox provides to create the .cfg file.  Turns out this is just wrong as I recreated the file once in ubuntu bash and Xen attempted to load the Dom0 kernel image.

I'm now getting Xen boot kernel screen output but I have a new problem which is a kernel panic and a hang, progress though so I'm pretty happy.

Kernel Panic is...

do_device_not_available

******************************
Panic on CPU 0:
Xen BUG at traps.c: 3393

Some googling on this error seems to point to the FPU setup (don't really know what this is) http://copilotco.com/mail-archives/xen.2008/msg14478.html??

On 15 July 2013 16:57, Kristian Hagsted Rasmussen <kristian@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]

Are you sure your ramdisk image is called
initrd-3.5.0-36-generic
and not:
initrd.img-3.5.0-36-generic
Which seems to be the name on my Ubuntu system.

Best regards Kristian Hagsted Rasmussen