[Xen-devel] Question's about to detect unauthorized memory access

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Kai Luo <kluo@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 03:52:55 -0700 (PDT)
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 09 Jul 2013 10:53:26 +0000

Hi:
    To detect and handle unauthorized memory map from hvm to dom0ïI found xsm can  prevent a privileged domain from arbitrarily mapping pages from other domains,however,I try to find whether there is another way. So I try to  trap the memory access and  compare the page owner whth the accessor, if they are different, somthing must happend and a warning to the administrator will be raised.
    My question is how can I trap the memory access? Is there any other mechanism to detect unauthorized memory map?With EPT/NPT, memory access are so closed to hardware that I donât know how should I trap it?Can you give me any suggestion?
    Thank you very much!
Jone