Re: [Xen-devel] Install vTPM on Xen-4.2.2

On 29/05/13 12:56, Daniel De Graaf wrote:
On 05/29/2013 05:56 AM, George Dunlap wrote:
On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 9:00 PM, Daniel De Graaf <dgdegra@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 05/22/2013 09:56 AM, Bei Guan wrote:

Hi,

I‘m trying to install vTPM based on Xen-4.2.2, linux-kernel 3.9.1 (Dom0)
and TPM emulator. However, I cannot find the TPM backed driver in this
version of Dom0 linux kernel. There is no CONFIG_XEN_TPMDEV_BACKEND in the
kernel config file. The config file for Dom0 is attached. Maybe it
provides
some useful information.

So, how to install a Xen TPM backend driver in the Dom0 linux-kernel.
Thank you very much.

Unless you need to use Xen 4.2 for some reason, I would suggest using the
vTPM in Xen 4.3, as it works more reliably.

You do realize 4.3 hasn't actually been released yet, right? :-)

I assume anyone posting on xen-devel is willing to use pre-release
software - especially as 4.3 is in a later RC now.

On the contrary, this is where users are meant to report bugs and ask technical questions that can't be answered by the people on xen-users. Where else was Bei Guan supposed to ask for help getting vTPM working in 4.2?

 -George