Re: [Xen-devel] Install vTPM on Xen-4.2.2

On 05/22/2013 09:56 AM, Bei Guan wrote:
Hi,

I‘m trying to install vTPM based on Xen-4.2.2, linux-kernel 3.9.1 (Dom0)
and TPM emulator. However, I cannot find the TPM backed driver in this
version of Dom0 linux kernel. There is no CONFIG_XEN_TPMDEV_BACKEND in the
kernel config file. The config file for Dom0 is attached. Maybe it provides
some useful information.

So, how to install a Xen TPM backend driver in the Dom0 linux-kernel.
Thank you very much.

Unless you need to use Xen 4.2 for some reason, I would suggest using the
vTPM in Xen 4.3, as it works more reliably. The Linux TPM backend driver
is only available in the old 2.6.18 branch; the current preferred setup
for vTPMs is to grant the vTPM Manager stub domain direct hardware access
to the TPM and to avoid using the hardware TPM in dom0.

The Linux frontend TPM driver for Xen has been posted recently on the
mailing list; this version works with the vTPM from Xen 4.3. The vTPM from
Xen 4.2 will only work with the frontend driver from 2.6.18.

--
Daniel De Graaf
National Security Agency