Re: [Xen-devel] windows tmem

This sounds a lot less fragile and the saving on reads to the storage backend
could still be significant.

> Anyway I have written a skeleton fs filter so I can monitor what is going on
> in
> better detail when I get a few minutes. Later versions of Windows might
> make use of discard (trim/unmap) which would solve most of the above
> problems.
>
> There do seem to be some (windows equivalent of) page cache operations
> that could be hooked too... or else the api callback naming is leading me
> astray.

Sounds interesting. Presumably, if you can reliably intercept all IO on a
pagefile then I guess you could use tmem as a write-back cache in front of
doing your own file i/o down the storage stack, as long as you could reliably
flush it out when necessary. E.g. does windows assume anything about the
pagefile content on resume from S3 or S4?

  Paul