Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.3 development update RC2 imminent

On 05/21/2013 09:19 AM, Jan Beulich wrote:
On 20.05.13 at 12:36, George Dunlap <George.Dunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  * Windows 2003 fails to install in Xen-unstable tip
   > Narrowed down to c/s 2fe82ac11fd078485388fe7c5e8bc3b6ac9185b0
   owner: Jan Beulich
   status: Patches posted

Given that Keir hasn't weighed in on this, and you are the RTC
maintainer, can you please make an executive decision and check in a
fix of some kind -- either reverting RTC or applying the recent patch
series fixes?

I pushed the remaining three patches of the series (left out the
reset adjustment as agreed to earlier with Tim).

Whatever the solution is we need to start to get it tested as early as
possible.

* XSA-46 regression in PV pass-through?
   > Seems to be a xend issue; therefore not a 4.3 blocker
   owner: Jan Beulich
   status: patch posted (libxc enforces 1:1 mapping of pirqs)

Is your 1:1 pirq mapping patch suitable for 4.3, do you think?

Yes, absolutely - once we understand why it apparently (or really)
doesn't work on 4.2 (while the reporter using 4.1 meanwhile
confirmed it working there). I hope to get to this later today, but
there's quite a bit of other stuff I also need to take care of.

I think it actually does work -- if it's Gordan Bobic you're thinking of, he (rather unhelpfully) corrected himself on a different thread:

http://osdir.com/ml/general/2013-05/msg42553.html

"I stand corrected! Jan's patch does in fact fix the problem. I have no idea what I was doing wrong, but I just tried it again (for the 4th time) just to make sure, uninstalled the old packages, installed the new ones - and now it works! There must have been a stale file somewhere that was breaking it."

 -George