Re: [Xen-devel] Cannot create mini-os guest for arm64

On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 03:30:24PM +0100, Ian Campbell wrote:
> On Fri, 2013-05-17 at 17:58 +0800, Chen Baozi wrote:

> > > You should be able to run arm32 guests on that platform.
> > Ok, I'll try it next.

> > > Which devboard did you go for?
> > It is OMAP5432 uEVM from SVTronics.
> >
> > BTW, I found I can only run Xen hypervisor of your arm-cross2 git branch on
> > Fast Model. For the version built from xen mainline, the program would
> > run to an unknown address after paging enabled. (more exactly, from the
> > 'isb' instruction which in line 267 of arch/arm/arm64/head.S.)
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> That ISB is effectively the point at which paging gets enabled.
>
> I'm afraid I've not seen anything like that for a very long time, commit
> 56bbdea (which is pretty recent) works OK for me on both 32 and 64 bit
> models.
>
> What version of the model do you use? How are you invoking it?

I'm using Fast Model (Model Debugger - 8.0.027, Model Shell 8.0.16). To
invoking it, I use the following command:

modeldebugger/model_shell64 $ATLAS_MODEL /path/to/xen-syms -C
motherboard.flashloader0.fname=~/path/to/zImage -C
motherboard.mmc.p_mmc_file=/path/to/rootfs

$ATLAS_MODEL=~/ARM/FastModelsPortfolio_8.0/examples/RTSM_VE/Build_Atlasx4/Linux-Release-GCC-4.1/cadi_system_Linux-Release-GCC-4.1.so