Re: [Xen-devel] Cannot create mini-os guest for arm64

On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 10:26:08AM +0100, Ian Campbell wrote:
> On Fri, 2013-05-17 at 08:00 +0800, Chen Baozi wrote:

> > > Oh, yes, we haven't done arm64 guests yet... Sorry I forgot about this
> > > before. Hrm, that does rather block you from doing arm64 mini-os.
> > >
> > > I posted a series to allow 64-bit dom0 a while back but we are currently
> > > frozen so it has been committed, but that's the obvious starting point
> > > for 64-bit guest support.
> > >
> > > I don't recall why you are looking at 64-bit minios rather than 32-bit,
> > > is that an option? A lot of the code should end up common.
> > I did plan to start the work on arm32 at the very beginning. But The
> > only platform of cortex-a15 I've got is the samsung's chromebook. I
> > tried hard to run Xen on it but didn't succeed in the end due to the
> > lack of debug method. At the same time, I've got an chance getting
> > involved in a arm64 project of our lab so it is easy to have a
> > FastModel license, which at least is a debugable platform for my at
> > present.
>
> You should be able to run arm32 guests on that platform.
Ok, I'll try it next.

> > PS, I ordered an OMAP5 development board, but it is stilling on shipping.
>
> Which devboard did you go for?
It is OMAP5432 uEVM from SVTronics.

BTW, I found I can only run Xen hypervisor of your arm-cross2 git branch on
Fast Model. For the version built from xen mainline, the program would
run to an unknown address after paging enabled. (more exactly, from the
'isb' instruction which in line 267 of arch/arm/arm64/head.S.)

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Baozi.