Re: [Xen-devel] Early ACPI events prevent subsequent ACPI functionality on xen 4.3 + HVM domU

CCing the guys who know about qemu.

On Tue, 2013-05-14 at 14:13 +0100, Diana Crisan wrote:
> This is problem 3 of 3 problems we are having with live migration
> and/or ACPI on Xen-4.3 and Xen-4.2.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Detailed description of problem:
>
> We are using Xen-4.3-rc1 with dom0 running Ubuntu Precise and
> 3.5.0-23-generic kernel, and domU running Ubuntu Precise (12.04) cloud
> images running 3.2.0-39-virtual. We are using the xl.conf below on
> qemu-upstream-dm and HVM and two identical sending and receiving
> machines (hardware and software)
>
> If a dom-U HVM server is started with ACPI enabled, and an ACPI event
> (such as shutdown or reboot) is sent to domU before the BIOS and/or
> operating system in the dom-U has initialised ACPI, then all
> subsequent ACPI events are ignored.

I suppose something must be getting latched and since no one was around
at the time to clear it no further events are possible. Not sure if this
is a qemu or a guest issue though.