Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC] Re-introduce VCPUOP_register_vcpu_info back for PVHVM guests. (v1)

>>> Except that we really don't want to be trashing people's existing,
>>> working versions of Linux, especially if they're distro-provided
>>> kernels.  I haven't tested a distro kernel yet, but for my own
>>> locally-built 2.6.37 kernel, this c/s breaks it running in PVHVM mode.
>> Hmm - that's minimally a reason to not backport it to 4.2, but
>> perhaps even a reason to revert it from staging.
>
> Hold off on reverting it -- I thought I had clearly shown it to be the
> c/s that breaks things, but now it's not so clear... really frustrating
> dealing w/ the build system right now...

What's the status on this? Sander over the weekend reported
another issue with the patch, so I'm clearly going to keep this off
the stable trees for the time being, but of course we also should
have a clear picture for unstable.

Jan