Re: [Xen-devel] loading custom ACPI tables?

>>> On 21.04.13 at 19:25, Eric Shelton <eshelton@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> For some items I am working on, I need to modify a couple of the ACPI
> tables.  Is there a preexisting way to provide replacement tables that
> will be used by the hypervisor and dom0?

For the hypervisor - no. But you'll not normally need to modify the
(few) tables the hypervisor looks at.

For the kernel, iirc support had been floating around for quite some
time and got added relatively recently upstream (see
CONFIG_ACPI_INITRD_TABLE_OVERRIDE). Plus there has been,
for quite a bit longer a period already, a config option to add a DSDT
replacement at build time (CONFIG_ACPI_CUSTOM_DSDT{,_FILE}).

Jan