Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.3 development update, and stock-taking

On 18/01/13 11:20, Daniel Kiper wrote:
On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 11:12:34AM +0000, George Dunlap wrote:

[...]

OK, so I think the description needs an update, then.  For Xen to be
fully featured, I think it would need all of the following:
* An EFI-bootable dom0 (this should be done, right?)
* dom0 able to make use of EFI run-time services
* Xen able to use EFI boot-time services (?)
* Xen able to detect the existence of a signed Linux binary, and leave
EFI boot-time services enabled for dom0 to use when appropriate
* dom0 able to use boot-time EFI services and disable them when done
I am slowly starting work on EFI stuff in Xen and dom0 with upstream Linux
Kernel.
I am preparing my new platform for this now. At first I am going to figure out
what
works and what does not work. Additionally, I am going to work on GRUB2 to
properly
load Xen and other needed stuff. I think that final goal is to have Xen
evironment
working in all possible EFI configs.

You could assign me to this task.

OK, I've added you as the owner. Do you think the Xen-side EFI hooks might be ready by the 4.3 feature freeze (scheduled for March 25)?

 -George