Re: [Xen-devel] Proposed XENMEM_claim_pages hypercall: Analysis of problem and alternate solutions

On 11/01/13 19:08, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
The xenshared daemon.
That's not in the tree. Unbeknownst to me. Would appreciate to know more. Or is
it a symbolic placeholder in this conversation?
OK, I am confused then. I thought there was now an daemon that would take
care of the PoD and swapping? Perhaps its called something else?

FYI PoD at the moment is all handled within the hypervisor. There was discussion of extending the swap daemon (sorry, also don't know the official name off the top of my head) to handle PoD, since PoD is essentially a degenerate case of swapping, but it hasn't happened yet. In any case it will need to be tested first, since it may cause boot time for pre-ballooned guests to slow down unacceptably.

 -George