Re: [Xen-devel] Update Seabios on xen-unstable

Il 11/01/2013 15:32, Ian Campbell ha scritto:
On Fri, 2013-01-11 at 14:26 +0000, Fabio Fantoni wrote:
I know that isn't optimal use firmware passtrought for vgabioses but I'm
not sure that seabios actually loads (automatically) the vgabioses.
SeaBIOS *does* load the VGA BIOS. You can see it if you use SDL (or are
quick enough with the VNC).

Ian.

-----
Nessun virus nel messaggio.
Controllato da AVG - www.avg.com
Versione: 2013.0.2890 / Database dei virus: 2637/6024 -  Data di rilascio:
10/01/2013

Vnc graphic performance of qemu-xen is bad, are not enough even to use it for maintenance only, I noted at the beginning of the test a year ago and already reported here. With spice without qxl performance are enough to use it for maintenance but not for work on desktop. The ideal solution for have Xengreat not only for servers but also for desktops would be Spice with qxl, audio, vdagent and usbredirection. Audio vdagent and usbredirection are working, I'll try to do patches for libxl and post it. About qxl months ago gave critical errors due to videoram resolved with patches someone made in xen. Now qxl start but have low performance, also cirrus with videoram increased seem not increase performance on xen. I tried for a long time to solve the problem but at the moment the only clues of difference from kvm and qemu (in which both work best) led me to hvmloader about seabios and vgabioses.
Sorry for the bad english and thanks for any reply.